Motor vehicles third-party liability

Motor vehicle third-party insurance is mandatory for anyone using a motorised vehicle on public roads. From a moped to a tractor or trailer: we insure all vehicle types.

The insurance covers physical and material damage caused to other road users by you or someone else, as well as any other consequences of the accident such as medical expenses, incapacity for work and loss of income. It also covers damage to the occupants of the insured vehicle (excluding the driver who caused the accident).

The premium for this insurance depends on several factors: age, place of residence, driving experience, vehicle engine power ...

You can also supplement this insurance with optional cover:

  • Fully / limited comprehensive
  • Driver insurance
  • Legal expenses
  • Assistance

Limited / fully comprehensive

If you want your own vehicle to be insured regardless of whether you are at fault or not, take out comprehensive insurance. Comprehensive cover includes the following risks: fire, glass damage, natural events, collision with animals and (attempted) theft. Fully comprehensive cover also includes the deductible, damage after a hit and run and vandalism.

Driver insurance

Driver insurance compensates your physical injury. Without this cover, you will not receive compensation if you cause an accident yourself. Specifically, it involves a payout in the event of:

  • Death
  • Permanent / temporary disability
  • Medical expenses

Legal expenses

In case of a traffic violation or damage claim, you can seek legal assistance to defend your interests and handle the legal and administrative side of things. If an amicable settlement is not possible, this type of cover will include your lawyer's fees and any legal expenses.

Some plans even help you in case of any disagreement with your garage owner following (inadequate) repairs or maintenance.


An assistance contract gives you 24/7 assistance for both your vehicle and its occupants. Depending on the plan, you will receive breakdown assistance, towing services, a replacement car, repatriation and so on.

These plans can also be expanded to include travel insurance (regardless of the means of transport) and home assistance if your home is suddenly damaged.

limited comprehensive fully comprehensive
Glass damage Yes Yes
Theft Yes Yes
Damage caused by natural events Yes Yes
Fire Yes Yes
Collision with animals Yes Yes
Deductible No Yes
Vandalism No Yes

Do you still have questions?
We are happy to help you

Services for the self-employed and liberal professions